Thursday, October 11, 2007

Teen fashion

Its understood that Italians are pretty fashion-conscious. Many teenagers here are painfully hip; it's the boys especially that are unusual to American observers, with their artfully teased & gelled hair, pierced ears, and clothing that would invite a severe ass-kicking in any American high school.

On the subway we watched a group of rowdy teens interacting; the tough alpha male of the group was wearing a Burberry-pattern baseball cap, a matching Burberry-pattern belt, hip-hugger jeans and a skin-tight pink t-shirt covered with rhinestones. (No, I didn't get a photo, sorry :-)

2 comments:

chris crichton said...

One of my favorite posts so far. I spit coffee out of my mouth when i first read it.

Anonymous said...

Ha-! Glad you liked it. Yeah I think Dumont would feel right at home here;-)